Thursday 16 October 2014

Neale Dragon (Take 2!)


'Updated' Neale Dragon
One of my favourite origami folds that I have devoted to memory is the 'Neale Dragon', and it's probably the model I create most often when out and about. The picture below is the traditional 'Neale Dragon' which I know and love. The picture above is an 'update' that I found in Jeremy Shafer's 'Origami to Astonish and Amuse'.

The base of the 'update' is identical to the relatively simple 'original' that I've been making for years, but a couple of alternative folds and the addition of a few details (such as a proper tail, more complex wings and a different posture) make the end result look a lot more detailed and complex! I like this idea of altering existing designs by adding detail to get a slightly more complex end result!

'Original' Neale Dragon